Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here It Comes

The beginning of May. My all-time favorite part of the year - tied with the Christmas season of course. It's the relief after the winter...temps get into the negatives on a daily basis from December to March here, folks. The cold just bites. And of course it means... summer.

I'm one of those people that stops to sniff the flowers maybe a little too much. I connect with summer by big things - like no school and vacations - but just as much as with little things. Like the smell of sunscreen and mowed grass, of chlorine and funnel cakes. Even that nasty smell on my hands after catching lightning bugs,, I love it.

Canada. Adrianna. Roller coasters. Crocs. Hamburgers and corn on the cob. Croquet. Movie theaters. Flip flops. Toads. Lightning bugs. Screen doors. Ice cream. Sprinklers.

And! Since we can't have a bare post, just a tidbit of things that remind me, of course, of summer.





xoxo Em

1 comment: