Sunday, April 12, 2009

Six Flags Great America

Oops! Sorry for the long wait...I do realize it was last Saturday that I went to GAm but I've been ummmm. sick. Very, very, VERY sick. I'm actually afraid that something is more wrong then it appears to be (if um that makes sense). Anyway, that's my excuse...but while we're sorta kinda on the subject; GAm was DEAD. Completely wiped out. No people. If you don't believe me, check out the parking lot:

Normally it's completely filled with cars - and even THEN waits are only around 30 minutes for the major rides. Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Oh - and galloping (don't you love my vocab) through and around alllllll the empty spaces with Evan after the park had closed and everyone was leaving - is probably one of my top best memories, ever. SO fun!

I rode Demon (one of their lesser, but still fun, coasters) four times (!!!!) withOUT getting off. Oh, and Raging Bull? (Their top roller coaster). We could've ridden it a second time without getting off either. (We would've but the park was close to closing and I still had to process my pass). AH!!!
Empty midways.....

At empty queues...
Where the people ride no more...(okay I'm done with the Les Mis parodies)

Okay, the park wasn't very crowded, I think you get it....now for the real pictures!

The beautiful carousel which is the first thing you see when you walk in the park. Sorry this picture isn't the best, I was in a hurry to get to the rides.

This is Raging Bull, the tallest (200+ feet), fastest (70+ mph) and most photoghenic ride in the park. Prepare for a worthy slew: (I know I'm a dork, don't rub it in my face)











Wow! Yes, enough of THAT! You poor coaster haters that read this blog are probably ready to kill me at this point.

Whizzer:
Viper:


Dark Knight: (the actual ride is indoors, and dark. It's really cool!)
Said ride, Demon:
Other rides.
This is V2. It was closed when we were there *sniff* but it's one of my faves. I tried, but failed, to get a shot that showed, really, how HUGE this ride is. It's amazing.
American Eagle, my all-time FAVE GAm ride. So bumpy...it gives you the most butterflies!!!

They're building a new water ride...looks like it'll have some sort of a Caribbean theme.

And, lastly, my "artsy" photos for the day.









P.S. that photo above? That idea was Sheye's (see column to the right). I won't take full credit.

xxoo Em
<3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! It's hard to imagine you "galloping" hehe.

    ReplyDelete