Thursday, April 28, 2011

For You and You alone


In our hearts, Lord, in this nation
Awakening
Holy Spirit, we desire
Awakening

For You and You alone

Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me

In Your presence, in Your power

Awakening
For this moment, for this hour
Awakening



I need this often. I wake up in the morning, I wash my face, I drink coffee. I go about my day, I pray, I read God's word, I listen to my praise music. I feel His presence all the time...I know He's always there. Yet I still need an awakening. My natural inclination is to sin, to not please God. I need an awakening sometimes, and I think we all do.


Like the rising sun that shines...
From the darkness comes a light...
I hear Your voice, and this is my
Awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment