Friday, September 24, 2010

Pictures From Canada



So, ever since my Dad was little (we need not reveal the year...) his side of the family has owned a small cabin, on a remote island in Lake of the Woods, Ontario. I've been vacationing there since I was a baby. It's one of the most beautiful place in the world, to me anyway (:


Me, Mom, Dad and brother E went there at the beginning of August. I don't know why I haven't posted about it until now - didn't get around to it. I need to be more diligent in updating my blog!! I know that years down the road, I'll be really glad that I did.


Anyway, the picture above is of the "Mouse House", where we stopped for cheese. (We live in the Chi-town area, so we go straight north.) Normally we stop at "Humbird" cheeses and we have for I-don't-know-how-many years, but this time, we left a full 12 hours later than usual (at 6 pm rather than 6 am) so Daddy could get in a day of work before taking off.


Here is the place we stop for doughnuts, in Minnesota. If you're ever near Orr, go!! I don't even LIKE doughnuts (I know, I know) but I LOVE these. P:
 
Then we were in Canada! Here's all my favorite Canadian candy.
Ahhhh, here's the cabin. Isn't it so pretty? It's an eight-mile boat ride to our island. Nice and rural ;-P The waves made our boat go up and down. It was so much fun! Small pleasures :-)
This is the view from our cabin. I wish the picture was bigger but that's okay. I may be a little biased, but I do think we have the best view in all of Lake of the Woods. :-)

Inside our cabin. I slept on that futon over there. The nice thing about not having as many people staying in the cabin is being able to choose a better sleeping place! (sister L had to work/go to Cosmo school and sister A and bro-in-law J also had work. We missed them.)

View from one side of the island.

This was the first morning, when I took my bible and devotional notebook down onto the front dock. It was such a pretty time!

One of my favorite things to do in Canada - catch crayfish. They're SO fun. :-)


I caught a total of 5 fish and this was the only good picture ;-P Sadly, they were all about that size and no bigger. Although I think Daddy was more bummed about this then I was. Hah!

Canadian Sunsets are the best.



The coffee that makes my existence that much more worthwhile. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment