Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summertime Update

Hey all!
So, summer has come and hit full stride. I know this because I'm sitting in bed in my PJs with no make-up, drinking coffee with the covers over me at 11:30 a.m. Hah! Laziness is my best and worst friend...I've covered this already on this blog, right? Great! I don't need to again. ;)
Graduation has come and gone. That's right...13 (THIRTEEN!) years of home-schooling has come to a close. This is bittersweet. I LOVE being home-schooled. I love the flexibility of it, the independence and self-motivation I've learned (though I'll admit that's not my strongest point.....), the freedom from bad influences of peers (don't get me wrong, please...I AM socialized!) and the biblical worldview you get from Christian curriculum. But at the same time, I'm ready to move on to a new stage of life. College! It would be more dramatic if I were leaving home, but I'm not. It's community college for this girl. And that's just fine with me.

Before I graduated, I got my Senior Pictures done. I love them! My photographer did an awesome job. If you're in the Chicagoland area and need a good, creative, and well-priced photographer, check him out at http://danielsather.com/. You won't be disappointed!

In other news, well this isn't really "news," but I welcomed a new addition back in April. This is Briar, my rabbit. He made an appearance in my Senior photos because he's that precious to me. :-)


Isn't he a cutie? He's pretty feisty, though. But it gives him personality. I like it better than a dull, lifeless thing that sits in his cage all day chewing hay. Well, that is Briar a chunk of the time, but he sure has a punch to him!! He likes to cuddle, for only for a while, ADORES sweet potatoes, and likes to wake Mom up at 6 a.m. loudly scratching on the bottom of his cage. I really love him. My Mom says I'm ridiculous the way I talk to him and she's probably right. Just wait until I have a more "advanced" pet, like a DOG...much less an actual human BABY! ;)

That's all that's new with me. A shower, a real breakfast, and the need for a clean bunny cage calls.
Have an amazing weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment