Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chicago Marathon 2010

Every year, my Daddy runs the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. And every year we go downtown to cheer him on. Even though I had to get up at 3:45 a.m. (yes, you heard me), it was a fun day. And he made it too - all 26.2 (and he says the .2 is the hardest part!) miles!! :-)

Chicago is such a beautiful city - It was so worth it to carry my (kind of heavy) camera around all day so I could get some nice piccies!

 This was how it looked when we left the house at 5 am. Yikes.


(btw, these first few pictures aren't good at all - my camera does NOT do well in bad lighting and I didn't want to disturb anyone with the flash.)
Then around 6 am when we got to the city. 

Off he goes! Looking spiffy in his cap and nylon shirt ;-)

The traditional McD's breakfast while we wait for the marathon to start!

Another tradition - we park ourselves right in front of the Bank and wait for the first runners to come.

The bikers!! So cool to see disabled people using only their arms to push themselves the whole way!! WOW!!

There they are!!! (oh, those lights!! Thank goodness for crop. :-P)


There he is!
"Take my cap, it's making me hot!"
;-P 

Ummm...yes. That's a guy carrying the Eiffel tower on his head. Ooooo...K!


 I liked getting these shots of the buildings.
 Then we went on the Riverwalk before heading to another mile point to see if we could spot Dad. This was my favorite picture of the day above, and a close second below.


 I got REALLY grouchy after that. Low blood sugar.. so we all got some Starbucks.


My favorite part of Chicago - the Lakefront. Less crowded and closed in. I love Chi-town, but I could never live there, it's too busy. But maybe if I lived on the Lakefront.

I liked seeing the sunlight through the trees - and playing with the 60's edit on Picnik. ;-)



 My parting gift to you. This was so encouraging to see. :)


Tomorrow I'm leaving to visit brother E at college, 9 hours away (with no iPod, still - yikes!!) so please pray that we would all be safe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment